Hours Worked: Part-Time, 24 hours per week
Brief Description: Create content for BOMA/Suburban Chicago’s publications such as Weekly Connections, BOMA Associates Monthly (BAM), Committee Forum, and FOCUS Newsletter to provide members with relevant and accurate information about their association and industry related news. Create and edit content for newsletters, event invitations, BOMA/Suburban Chicago website, social media pages, and other marketing materials. Provide support to the Marketing & Communications Manager.
Knowledge/Skills Required for Position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Public Relations, Journalism or a minimum of 2-3 years experience in a marketing or communications position.
- 1-2 years experience working for a nonprofit/not-for-profit preferred.
- Strong competency in Microsoft Office suite software including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong business writing and editing skills required, ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong researching skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Project management skills to be able to maintain and organize multiple ongoing projects and deadlines.
- Proficiency with social media platforms for business purposes including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite strongly preferred.
- An advanced understanding of visual communications and graphic design.
- Willingness to learn.
Description of Duties/Responsibilities:
Marketing & Communications
- Identify topics, create content, and provide editing for all of BOMA/Suburban Chicago’s newsletters: Weekly Connections, BOMA Associates Monthly (BAM), Committee Forum, Education Resource, FOCUS Newsletter.
- Coordinate marketing efforts for upcoming BOMA/Suburban Chicago events. Ensure event invitations are sent in a timely manner and accurately promoted by working with speakers, venues, committees, staff, etc.
- Update content and images on the BOMA/Suburban Chicago website, including events, awards, education, advocacy, resources, and news items on a timely basis.
- Create or update promotional pieces for programs or events as needed, included EXPO, Members Lunches, committee events, etc.
- Track and monitor all marketing campaigns.
- Support BOMA/Suburban Chicago’s Strategic Plan to increase the association’s Visibility and Brand Awareness across all marketing and communications.
- Frequently, post content on BOMA/Suburban Chicago’s Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn pages and engage with social media followers.
- Create and maintain a social media calendar with items and content that are relevant or of interest to BOMA members.
- Prepare electronic mailings, announcements, special promotions, etc. as needed.
- Regularly design newsletters, promotional pieces, logos, and special projects in Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a successful Strategic Plan regarding marketing and communications.
- Maintain and update email distribution lists for member communications in Constant Contact.
- Complete press releases for local media announcements, including TOBY Award winners and Board of Director elections.
- Create and update PowerPoint presentations for seminars and events.
- Provide additional support as needed.
- Serve as staff liaison to committees as assigned. Prepare minutes, maintain committee roster, send meeting reminders, and assist in the planning of the committees’ initiatives.
- Provide support to the Marketing & Communications Manager in the coordination of the the TOBY Awards program.
- Attend events throughout the year (Members Lunches, EXPO, Golf Outing, Day at the Races, Charity Bowling Event, Holiday Lunch, committee events as assigned).
- Assist in preparations for these events as needed, including preparing scripts for speakers, creating event materials and handouts, setting up for events, taking event photos, working the registration table, and other tasks as assigned.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to Michael Mulcrone, Executive Director of BOMA/Suburban Chicago, via email at email@example.com