This month we are conducting a beta test of the CMCP - Certified manager of Commercial Properties . We are seeking the first 100 people to take the beta test and if they pass the exam they will receive a CMCP certification. To apply to take the test candidates will need to have:
- Four years of property management experience, or
- A two-year degree, plus two years of property management experience, or
- A four-year degree plus one year of property management experience
- 30 hours of education in commercial property management
There is no fee to take the beta test, but candidates are required to apply and submit documentation. Here are the required steps to apply for the CMCP beta-test exam:
- To access the online application and other information, https://www2.bomi.org/CRECI or contact Commercial Real Estate Certification Institute (CRECI) Manager Michael Coleman, email@example.com.
- Candidates are asked to indicate when and from where they received their degree (if applicable) and will need to request that a college transcript be sent to CRECI.
- Candidates will also be asked to list industry work experience and employers, as well as list sources for at least 30 hours of continuing education. For the latter, certificates of completion or other proof of completion are required.
- Once the application is approved, the candidate will need to schedule their exam at any Pearson Vue test center (CRECI site has more information on locations) and take the exam sometime between April 1 and April 20, 2019 (candidates will have two hours to complete the exam).
Exam candidates will receive information in advance to help them prepare for the exam. This will include details on various job competencies and skills that will be tested and the “works cited” list used to develop the exam questions. Candidates who pass the exam will receive the CMCP certification. Passing scores will not be known until after the beta test evaluation is complete, so candidates may not hear from CRECI until June or July.